Connect with us

News

My role in VDM, Blord feud- Sowore

Published

on

Presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC), during the 2023 election, Omoyele Sowore has  explained his role in the feud between social media personality Martins Vincent Otse, aka  VDM, and businessman Linus Williams Ifejirika.

The activist said  he would not engage in a war of words over the ongoing legal drama involving duo.  

Sowore made the remarks shortly after VDM appeared in court alongside Blord, where both men were seen exchanging handshakes, suggesting a possible reconciliation.

However, VDM instantly took a swipe at the activist, blaming him for escalating the matter and framing the dispute as a personal challenge.

Reacting to the swipe, Sowore defended his role in the case, maintaining that his involvement was strictly to protect Blord’s rights.

“I’ve told you guys that my intervention in the case is to ensure that BLORD’s rights are not trampled upon and is granted bail so the case would be discontinued. My lawyers have been directed as such,” he said.

He further claimed that developments in the case had aligned with his earlier position, adding, “According to him (VDM), he has met with Blord and met and resolved privately, but we brought BLORD out of prison. The judge has abandoned the case. Everything I’ve told you has come to pass.”

Sowore also addressed alleged threats directed at him, stating that he was prepared to face any consequences to protect others.

“And about the threats against me, I already told you people that I’m ready to make myself a scapegoat so that people would not suffer. If I have to go down so that people do not go down, I am ready to go down,” he said.

Dismissing the idea of a public exchange with VDM, Sowore added, “You do not expect me to trade words with him (VDM): it is out of my character. I am more interested in the police who brought us to this situation in the first place.”

Vanguard reports that the controversy stems from an ongoing legal dispute between VDM and Blord, which began after the influencer accused the businessman of questionable practices, including alleged misuse of his identity. The matter later escalated into a court case, with Blord arraigned on charges bordering on impersonation, forgery, and conspiracy, all of which he denied.

However, VDM directly accused Sowore of interfering in the case after the activist became involved last month, calling for Blord’s detention and pushing for bail.

Meanwhile, the case took a fresh turn in court, with the presiding judge reportedly recusing herself, directing that the case file be reassigned by the Chief Judge, and adjourning the matter for further mention.

As the public altercation between VDM and Sowore continues to spark internet comments, the recent exchange of remarks between the duo suggests a potential de-escalation of the feud.

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Two APC states reschedule governorship primaries

Published

on

PRESS STATEMENT

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced the rescheduling of its Governorship Primary Elections in Bauchi State and Kwara State to Friday, May 22, 2026.

In the same vein, the party has approved a new date for the State House of Assembly Primary Elections in Maradun I and Maradun II constituencies of Zamfara State, which will now hold on Sunday, May 24, 2026.

The decision was ratified by the National Working Committee (NWC) after consultations with critical stakeholders as part of efforts to guarantee a transparent, peaceful, orderly, and credible primary election process.

The party reiterated its commitment to upholding internal democracy and ensuring the successful conduct of all primary elections ahead of the forthcoming polls.

Signed:

Felix Morka

National Publicity Secretary

All Progressives Congress (APC)

Continue Reading

News

Abia moves closer to energy independence

Published

on

The Governor of Abia State has reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to achieving energy independence and expanding access to reliable electricity across the state following a high-level meeting with the leadership of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC).

The governor disclosed this after receiving the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of NDPHC, Jennifer Adighije, alongside members of her management team during a courtesy visit to his office.

During the meeting, the governor praised the successful revival of the Alaoji Power Plant in Aba, describing the development as a major breakthrough in ongoing efforts to guarantee stable and uninterrupted electricity supply in the state.

According to him, the restoration of operations at the plant represents a critical milestone in strengthening power generation and supporting industrial growth, particularly within the Aba economic corridor.

He revealed that the Alaoji Power Plant currently dispatches approximately 375 megawatts of electricity to the national grid, while expansion plans are already underway to increase output capacity to nearly 800 megawatts, with long-term projections targeting up to 1,100 megawatts.

The governor noted that electricity remains central to his administration’s broader economic transformation agenda, stressing that sustainable power supply is essential for industrialization, job creation, healthcare delivery, education, and overall social development.

He explained that since assuming office, his government has implemented strategic reforms aimed at repositioning the power sector within the state. These reforms include the ring-fencing of the Aba industrial cluster to ensure more efficient electricity management and the ongoing process to acquire the Umuahia electricity axis of the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC).

According to the governor, the measures are designed to place electricity generation, regulation, and distribution substantially under the control of the state government, thereby enabling faster decision-making and improved service delivery.

He expressed optimism that deeper collaboration between Abia State and NDPHC would make it possible to wheel electricity directly from the Alaoji facility to the remaining eight local government areas outside the Aba corridor.

The planned expansion, he said, would ensure that homes, schools, hospitals, and industries across the state gain access to reliable and affordable power supply.

The governor further emphasized that improved electricity infrastructure would significantly boost economic productivity, attract investors, strengthen small and medium-scale enterprises, and enhance the quality of life for residents.

Reaffirming his administration’s vision, he declared that Abia State is prepared to lead Nigeria’s push toward subnational energy independence through strategic partnerships, infrastructure investments, and sector reforms.

He added that the state government remains committed to building a power ecosystem capable of driving industrial production, supporting innovation, and sustaining long-term prosperity for the people of Abia.

Continue Reading

News

Obidient Movement ex mobilization director apologises to Obi, supporters 

Published

on

A former Director of Mobilization of the Obidient Movement, Morris Monye, has issued a public apology to supporters of the movement and to Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, over a controversial resignation letter he previously released.

In an open letter addressed to members of the Obidient Movement, Monye admitted that he acted out of “frustration and immaturity” when he published the resignation letter, which he said contained statements that unfairly targeted Obi.
According to him, the remarks did not reflect the values of accountability and constructive engagement associated with the movement.
“I allowed deep frustration and personal emotions to cloud my judgment. I made statements that subtly and unnecessarily dragged Peter Obi, a man I still respect for his vision, integrity, and sacrifice for this nation. That was wrong,” he stated.
Monye accepted full responsibility for the letter, stressing that no one influenced or edited his comments before publication. Although he later deleted the letter, he acknowledged that the action had already caused disappointment and loss of trust among supporters.
The former mobilization director also apologized directly to Obi and members of the Obidient Movement, especially young supporters who he said remained committed to the vision of a better Nigeria despite political challenges.
“To Peter Obi himself, Sir, I am sincerely sorry. My words were not a true reflection of the values of sacrifice, accountability, and constructive criticism that you preach,” he wrote.
He further noted that he was not seeking a return to any position within the movement, adding that his apology was motivated by a sense of responsibility and the need to own up to his mistakes.
Monye said he understood that trust could only be rebuilt through consistent actions over time and appealed for forgiveness from members of the movement.
He ended the letter on a lighter note, urging supporters to move forward in unity while reaffirming his commitment to the struggle for a better Nigeria.
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.