Connect with us

News

Cleric in trouble for spiritual displays  

Published

on

A cleric, Reverend Ifunaya Maduka the Vicar of St Paul’s Parish, Nteje, in the Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State, has been suspended  over allegations of fake miracles and staged prophecies.

The Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) has suspended for  six-month without salary following accusations of engaging in “practices grossly unbecoming” of a priest ordained in the Anglican Communion.

The church, led by the Bishop on the Niger, Rt. Rev. Owen Nwokolo, alleged that the cleric carried out “arranged and manipulated” miracles and prophetic sessions using individuals allegedly known to him and allegedly paid to participate, while presenting the activities as divine manifestations.

According to the church, the priest admitted involvement in the acts after he was confronted with evidence relating to the alleged “arrangee miracles and prophecy.”

The suspension was conveyed in a letter signed by Rt. Rev. Owen Nwokolo and titled, “Suspension from office as Vicar of St. Paul’s Parish, Nteje.”

The letter, dated April 27, was obtained in Awka on Thursday.

The Anglican Church said the disciplinary action became necessary following findings concerning the priest’s conduct and activities considered inconsistent with the standards expected of clergy members within the communion.

It read, “Greetings in the name of our risen Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. It has come to our attention, with deep sadness and grave concern, that you have been involved in practices grossly unbecoming of an ordained Priest of the Anglican Church.

“Specifically, credible and verifiable reports have been brought before us alleging that you engaged in arranged and manipulated prophecies by involving persons whom you induced or paid for that purpose, while presenting such acts as genuine prophetic manifestations from God

“When you were confronted with the evidence made available to us, you admitted your involvement in the said unholy practice. This development is particularly troubling because you had previously been commended to us as a priest of sufficient knowledge, good conduct, and sound doctrine.

“In order to be doubly assured, we personally engaged you on several occasions concerning your ministerial conduct and practices. On each occasion, you maintained that your ministry was in accordance with the teachings of Christ, the Holy Scriptures, and the ethos of the Anglican Church. However, the recent revelations before us show that those assurances were false and misleading.

“From the evidence available to us, your conduct raises grave ecclesiastical, moral, and disciplinary concerns, including involvement in false prophecy, abuse of the name of God, deception of the faithful and the general public, and conduct capable of amounting to obtaining money under false pretence. Such actions are wholly inconsistent with the calling, character, and sacred responsibilities of an ordained minister of the Gospel

“You are fully aware that the Church does not condone evil, nor does it harbour any conduct that contradicts Christian doctrine, Anglican discipline, moral integrity, and the ethical standards expected of the clergy.

“Your actions have brought dishonour to the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, grieved the Holy Spirit, abused sacred trust, ridiculed the image of the Diocese, and given occasion for the enemies of the Church to speak reproachfully against the body of Christ.

“Consequently, after serious thought, prayerful consideration, and in the interest of discipline, order, and the integrity of the ministry, we hereby suspend you from your office as Vicar of St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Nteje, for a period of six months, without pay, with immediate effect.

“You are hereby directed to hand over all church properties, records, documents, keys, funds, and any other items helonging to the Parish or Diocese in your possession to the People’s Warden.

“You are also required to vacate the church premises within four days from the date of this letter. . Furthermore, within the next one month, a disciplinary panel shall be constituted to investigate the matter more fully and determine any further action that may be necessary in accordance with the discipline and regulations of the Church.

“May the Lord have mercy upon you, grant you true repentance, and give you grace to amend your ways and serve Him henceforth with a sincere and faithful heart.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Two APC states reschedule governorship primaries

Published

on

PRESS STATEMENT

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced the rescheduling of its Governorship Primary Elections in Bauchi State and Kwara State to Friday, May 22, 2026.

In the same vein, the party has approved a new date for the State House of Assembly Primary Elections in Maradun I and Maradun II constituencies of Zamfara State, which will now hold on Sunday, May 24, 2026.

The decision was ratified by the National Working Committee (NWC) after consultations with critical stakeholders as part of efforts to guarantee a transparent, peaceful, orderly, and credible primary election process.

The party reiterated its commitment to upholding internal democracy and ensuring the successful conduct of all primary elections ahead of the forthcoming polls.

Signed:

Felix Morka

National Publicity Secretary

All Progressives Congress (APC)

Continue Reading

News

Abia moves closer to energy independence

Published

on

The Governor of Abia State has reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to achieving energy independence and expanding access to reliable electricity across the state following a high-level meeting with the leadership of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC).

The governor disclosed this after receiving the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of NDPHC, Jennifer Adighije, alongside members of her management team during a courtesy visit to his office.

During the meeting, the governor praised the successful revival of the Alaoji Power Plant in Aba, describing the development as a major breakthrough in ongoing efforts to guarantee stable and uninterrupted electricity supply in the state.

According to him, the restoration of operations at the plant represents a critical milestone in strengthening power generation and supporting industrial growth, particularly within the Aba economic corridor.

He revealed that the Alaoji Power Plant currently dispatches approximately 375 megawatts of electricity to the national grid, while expansion plans are already underway to increase output capacity to nearly 800 megawatts, with long-term projections targeting up to 1,100 megawatts.

The governor noted that electricity remains central to his administration’s broader economic transformation agenda, stressing that sustainable power supply is essential for industrialization, job creation, healthcare delivery, education, and overall social development.

He explained that since assuming office, his government has implemented strategic reforms aimed at repositioning the power sector within the state. These reforms include the ring-fencing of the Aba industrial cluster to ensure more efficient electricity management and the ongoing process to acquire the Umuahia electricity axis of the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC).

According to the governor, the measures are designed to place electricity generation, regulation, and distribution substantially under the control of the state government, thereby enabling faster decision-making and improved service delivery.

He expressed optimism that deeper collaboration between Abia State and NDPHC would make it possible to wheel electricity directly from the Alaoji facility to the remaining eight local government areas outside the Aba corridor.

The planned expansion, he said, would ensure that homes, schools, hospitals, and industries across the state gain access to reliable and affordable power supply.

The governor further emphasized that improved electricity infrastructure would significantly boost economic productivity, attract investors, strengthen small and medium-scale enterprises, and enhance the quality of life for residents.

Reaffirming his administration’s vision, he declared that Abia State is prepared to lead Nigeria’s push toward subnational energy independence through strategic partnerships, infrastructure investments, and sector reforms.

He added that the state government remains committed to building a power ecosystem capable of driving industrial production, supporting innovation, and sustaining long-term prosperity for the people of Abia.

Continue Reading

News

Obidient Movement ex mobilization director apologises to Obi, supporters 

Published

on

A former Director of Mobilization of the Obidient Movement, Morris Monye, has issued a public apology to supporters of the movement and to Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, over a controversial resignation letter he previously released.

In an open letter addressed to members of the Obidient Movement, Monye admitted that he acted out of “frustration and immaturity” when he published the resignation letter, which he said contained statements that unfairly targeted Obi.
According to him, the remarks did not reflect the values of accountability and constructive engagement associated with the movement.
“I allowed deep frustration and personal emotions to cloud my judgment. I made statements that subtly and unnecessarily dragged Peter Obi, a man I still respect for his vision, integrity, and sacrifice for this nation. That was wrong,” he stated.
Monye accepted full responsibility for the letter, stressing that no one influenced or edited his comments before publication. Although he later deleted the letter, he acknowledged that the action had already caused disappointment and loss of trust among supporters.
The former mobilization director also apologized directly to Obi and members of the Obidient Movement, especially young supporters who he said remained committed to the vision of a better Nigeria despite political challenges.
“To Peter Obi himself, Sir, I am sincerely sorry. My words were not a true reflection of the values of sacrifice, accountability, and constructive criticism that you preach,” he wrote.
He further noted that he was not seeking a return to any position within the movement, adding that his apology was motivated by a sense of responsibility and the need to own up to his mistakes.
Monye said he understood that trust could only be rebuilt through consistent actions over time and appealed for forgiveness from members of the movement.
He ended the letter on a lighter note, urging supporters to move forward in unity while reaffirming his commitment to the struggle for a better Nigeria.
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.