Connect with us

News

ADC chieftain to remain in custody

Published

on

Justice Darius Khobo of the Kaduna State High Court has adjourned the bail hearing of All Progressives Congress chieftain, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, to the first week of June, 2026.

El-Rufai was arraigned last week on an amended nine-count charge bordering on alleged fraud and abuse of office, filed by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

He appeared before the court last Tuesday for hearing of his bail application.

However, the presiding judge, Darius Khobo, adjourned ruling on the application to April 21, 2026.

The former governor was, last week, granted bail by a Federal High Court in Kaduna in another corruption case instituted against him by the ICPC.

Justice Rilwanu Aikawa admitted El-Rufai to bail in the sum of N200 million.

The judge had ordered that El-Rufai remain in ICPC custody pending the fulfilment of the bail conditions.

As part of the conditions, the defendant was barred from making public comments on the case and must attend all court sittings.

However, speaking after the court session on Tuesday, counsel to the former governor, Ukpon Akpan, said the bail application had been adjourned.

He kicked against the lingering adjournment, saying it is politically motivated.

 

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Minister urges entrepreneurs to take advantage of emerging opportunities under AfCTA

Published

on

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

News

Educators, policymakers, development partners, others chat way forward at All Northern Schools Conference

Published

on

 

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

News

Content creator Justice Crack reveals crime that led to his arrest

Published

on

Popular Nigerian content creator Justice Crack has described his arrest and detention as punishment for demanding good governance, accountability, and justice in the country.

 

In a post shared on X, Justice Crack said no Nigerian should face humiliation, intimidation, or torture for speaking out against poor governance, insisting that his ordeal has only strengthened his resolve.

 

The content creator, who was recently arrested by security operatives, said he had always believed that “the child of nobody can become somebody without knowing anybody,” but lamented that the country’s system has made such aspirations difficult for many Nigerians.

 

According to him, his “crime” was believing in a better Nigeria and demanding accountability from leaders.

 

“What I went through, and what I am still going through, has tested me emotionally, mentally, and physically, but it did not break me. Instead, it made me stronger,” he wrote.

 

Justice Crack added that the experience had reinforced his belief that Nigeria could still become a nation where hard work, honesty, and dedication are valued above political connections and power.

 

While noting that the matter remains before the court, he said he would continue to respect the legal process and remain hopeful that justice would prevail.

 

He also urged Nigerians not to give up on the country, expressing optimism that the nation would one day fulfil the dream where ordinary citizens can succeed without influence or connections.

 

“Nigeria will be great again. Do not give up on our country. Someday, the child of nobody will truly become somebody without knowing anybody,” he stated.

 

He ended the post with the statement: “Justice will never be cracked.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.